Sunday, April 3, 2011

V Stitch baby blanket


This was the first time I have used a V Stitch to make a blanket, and really liked it.  The blanket came together so quickly, and except for the first row, you don't have to pay much attention to what you are doing at all.  I found this pattern on the Lion Brand Website.  The yarn was Lion Brand Vanna's Choice, which was baby soft, but still pretty chunky, and I needed 4 skeins.  I used a K hook.

DIRECTIONS:
Ch 85.
Row 1: (Dc, ch 1, dc) in 5th ch from hook (V-st made), *sk next 2 ch, V-st in next ch; rep from * across to last 2 ch, sk next ch, dc in last ch – 27 V-sts at end of this row.
Rows 2-40: Ch 3, turn, V-st in each ch-1 sp across, dc in top of turning ch.  
      (Honestly, I didn't count the rows, but just went until it looked big enough to me.)

Border: Single crochet at even intervals around all four sides.  (Original directions called for a picot border, but I don't like making them or how they look.)

No comments:

Post a Comment