Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Infinity scarf

This was my first try at an infinity scarf, as modeled by Abigail.  I used "brick" crochet stitch, using a K hook, and an entire skein of soft, white yarn.  (I tossed the label, but it was just regular worsted weight yarn.)  The brick stitch reminds me of a granny square, and is super quick to put together.  I did this entire scarf while barely watching Madagascar 3 with my kids. :)

I found the "brick" pattern in a book called "Crochet Stitches: Visual Encyclopedia."



Infinity scarf directions:

Chain 18

Foundation row:
SC in 2nd ch from hook. *Ch 3, sk 3 ch, sc in next ch; rep from * to end

Row 1:
Ch 3 (counts as dc), 3 dc in each ch-3 sp across, dc in last sc, turn.

Row 2:
Ch 1, sc in 1st dc, ch 3, sk 3 dc, *sc between prev and next dc, ch 3, sk 3 dc; rep from * across to turning chain, sc in top of turning chain, turn.

Repeat rows 1 and 2 until desired length (or near end of the skein.)

Place ends together and slip stitch across.  Tie off and weave in ends.

3 comments:

  1. I had a friend teach me to crochet, and I really liked it, except that I wasn't smart enough to keep count and watch tv or talk at the same time!
    Your crochet is wonderful!

    And, I didn't realize you had this blog too! My question is, how do I subscribe so it shows up on my blogger homepage when you have a new post? You don't have a button...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added a button. Does that work like you need it to? I use google reader so I subscribe to blogs a bit differently, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.. it still doesn't offer blogger, but I found an "add" button on my blogger so it shows up :) THanks! I love your creative things.

    ReplyDelete