Sunday, May 4, 2014

Easter craft

This is a minor departure from my norm, but I've been in charge of a few craft days for Sunday School recently, and I thought I'd share our creations here.  We made these cross painting on Palm Sunday with all the Sunday school kids.  Here are the four from my kiddos. 

The idea came from a google search that landed me at a blog called Apples and ABC's.  

Apples & ABC's


She has a great tutorial on her site, so I won't repeat it.  The only thing I would suggest to the kids is to be sure to paint all the way over the tape, either across or as a border, to make the best effect.  (Note the one on the right did not do this, and the cross doesn't show up as well.)




It is a bit hard to see from the picture, but each says "Jesus is Alive!" on the right side.  I did a few test runs, and found that doing it with a neon green worked the best.  It was hard for the kids to see it before we painting, and then as they started painting it "magically" appeared!

No comments:

Post a Comment