Saturday, December 31, 2011

Blue Seas Throw




I made this afghan for my mom for Christmas.  The pattern came out of a book called 7 Day Afghans.  (As a side note, I really enjoy this book.  It was fun to read and get ideas.  I finished this throw, and have started another out of the book.  I can't say that they get done in 7 days, but they are all simple patterns to follow.)

Bulky Weight Yarn.  (I forgot to see the brand of yarn, but it came in these giant skeins, bigger than a football.  I used all of 5 and a little of the 6th.)

Size N Crochet Hook

Instructions:

Chain 122

Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each remaining ch: 121 sc.  Ch 3 (counts as first dc of following row), turn.

Row 2: Dc in each sc, ch 3, turn.

Row 3: Dc in each dc, ch 3, turn.

Repeat row 3 until piece measures 34" long.  At end of last row ch 1, turn.

Last Row: Sc in each dc. Finish off.

FRINGE:
Work across each short side edge of afghan as follows: On right side of work, attach yarn at corner, sc in first sc row, *ch 10, sc over post of end dc on next row, ch 5, sc over post of next dc; rep from * across side edge, ending with sc in last sc row.  Finish off.

No comments:

Post a Comment