Saturday, December 31, 2011

My new scarf

I have made lots of scarves, hats, and blankets.  But I don't have any that I kept!  So when Jenny gave me some beautiful wool yarn for Christmas, I knew that it would be for a scarf for me.  No sharing.  :)  Jenny also gave me a new book, called Crochet Stitches: Visual Encyclopedia.  I used a stitch called "double crochet group" to make the scarf.

Directions:
Chain an odd number of stitches.  (I did 11, for a skinny scarf, using an H hook.)

Row 1: Dc in 5th ch from hook.  (The skipped chains count as dc.)  Dc in same ch.  *sk 1 ch, 2 dc in next ch; rep from * across to last 2 ch, sk 1 ch, dc in last ch, turn.

Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as dc). 2 dc between next 2 dc group across, dc in top of turning chain, turn.

Repeat row 2 until desired length.



No comments:

Post a Comment